Monday, May 16, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



 

We all loved James Ponti's Dead City series. When I saw this I dropped everything I was reading and made this my priority. 
22094445
Genre: Mystery
AR level: none yet
Grade appropriate: 3rd and up

RATING BREAKDOWN:
Overall: 5/5-- SO MUCH FUN! I want to read this again immediately!

Creativity: 5/5-- The idea of a kid working for the FBI or CIA is not unheard of, but I love Florian and his ability to notice what others don’t. It’s like a kid version of “Psych” or “Lie to Me.”

Characters: 5/5-- Florian and Margaret need to be my BFFs. I would have loved hanging out with them in middle school.

Engrossing: 5/5-- You are constantly trying to find times to sneak back to this book.

Writing: 5/5

Appeal to kids: 5/5-- I can’t wait to tell fans of James Ponti’s Dead City books that he’s got this new one! Fans of Spy School will also really enjoy this one.

Appropriate length to tell the story: 5/5

CONTENT:
Language: none

Sexuality: none

Violence: mild-- Florian gets kidnapped at one point but not hurt badly and an FBI agent injures a thug at another point.

Drugs/Alcohol: none

No comments:

Post a Comment