Monday, February 3, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



To learn more about It's Monday! What Are You Reading? visit Mentor Texts



16052012

Wow. That's just about all I can say. Wow.

AR level: 4.3
Grade appropriate: 2nd and up

RATING BREAKDOWN:
Overall: 5/5-- Phenomenal! I loved every page.
Creativity: 5/5-- Who would make the protagonist of their story a vacuumed up squirrel? Need I say more?
Characters: 5/5-- Loved Flora! Wanted her to move in with me! I'd take her and Ulysses in a heart beat.
Engrossing: 5/5-- I started it Monday when I heard the Newbery announcement and finished it before the week was up. I know that doesn't sound all that impressive, but hey, I have a 2 year old, a 10 year old and a full time job. My friend Ali finished it the day I gave it to her.
Writing: 5/5-- Lovely.
Appeal to kids: 5/5-- They will EAT IT UP!
Appropriate length to tell the story: 5/5

CONTENT:
Language: none
Sexuality: none
Violence: none
Drugs/Alcohol: none

~~~
13547778 
This is a book that we received as a review copy. I'm reading it so I can review it and send the review to the editors. 

Good so far!
~~~
6594498
Fun and cute! I read it to 2nd graders. They loved it! Made me think about my grandpa in a new light too.

No comments:

Post a Comment