Monday, December 30, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



To learn more about It's Monday! What Are You Reading? visit Mentor Texts


Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014! 

I set a goal for myself on goodreads.com of reading 150 books in 2013. I'm glad to say I met my goal and exceeded it. I did record many picture books that I read aloud to my students and to my own kids at home. But hey, picture books are books!

For 2014 I am going to set a goal of 200 books.  I invite you to join me in a 2014 Goodreads Challenge. It's a very measurable New Year's Resolution.


Both of these books are on our Newbery Bookclub list. Our  club is winding down. (Our last meeting will be on January 27th to watch the Newbery announcement.) They are broadcasting it online here.
16089515 
This book gave us a bit of a surprise. We were expecting a funny book and while this book has many funny parts, it is much more of an adventure book. 

Having heard the surprise from several of our book club members I did not have high expectations. I guess I thought that since it wasn't what we expected that the book wasn't any good. I have been pleasantly surprised! This is one that I am always delighted to return to and look for times to pick up. 

~~~~~
15760528

No comments:

Post a Comment