Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Look What I Made!





It's getting to be that time of year when the new is wearing off and the excitement is dwindling. My kiddos were super pumped about our Quest for the Crown books and for the Bluebonnet books at the beginning of the year. Especially my third graders. They've been waiting forever to be old enough to participate and now they've been chomping at the bit.


I wanted to motivate my kids again to pick up our Bluebonnet books and remind them about voting in January. I put together a book talk about it and was looking for a book trailer for each of the books. I came up short... I'm sure all teachers and librarians have had the same problem. You want to get your kids excited about a book, but there is no great book trailer. So, I decided to tackle the problem myself.

My first book trailer is for the book Walls Within Walls by Maureen Sherry.


Here is my bluebonnet book talk for 4th and 5th grade. It includes the Walls Within Walls trailer. You're welcome to use it and change it in anyway.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwi9ANZH-Tf8QnNmTlF3THptR1U/edit?usp=sharing


The next trailer I undertake is going to be Barnum's Bones. I'll keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment