Friday, November 4, 2016

Mock Caldecott

Image result for mock caldecott
It must be NOVEMBER! 
It's Mock Caldecott time again! 
I got my ground rules for our competition here
I also used her power point for years and have only this year made my own. If you're struggling with where to start in creating your own Mock Caldecott it's absolutely worth the $2.50! 

Here's my set up. I've made stations around the library and put a potential candidate at each letter.  



The  first week of November we talk about the Caldecott and what it means. I always emphasize that the committee is looking for unique books that grab your attention. Here's my presentation.

The next week we vote.  
 I made a Google form for our ballot and am crossing my fingers and praying that our technology cooperates. Each child will bring their iPad from class and vote using the form. Here's the form with our candidates for this year. 

The last week (only 3 weeks typically with Thanksgiving break in there.) I announce the winners for the individual class, grade level and our school. 

One of my favorite things we do all year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment