Monday, February 23, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


To learn more about It's Monday! What Are You Reading? visit Mentor Texts

Ok, so I am the worst! It is so hard for me to be disciplined while on maternity leave! I vow to do better!

Step one:



One of the best books I have read. It reminds me of A Snicker of Magic. I loved it so much, I didn't want it to end!


Genre:Fantasy
AR level: 5.4
Grade appropriate: 2nd & up

RATING BREAKDOWN:
Overall: 5/5-- Loved this book so much! Want to read more by this author.

Creativity: 5/5-- How wonderful that everyone in the book has their own talent! Such unusual talents as spitting, baking cakes, and matching people with things they will love.

Characters: 5/5-- I fell in love with each of these characters, one at a time starting with Cady.

Engrossing: 5/5-- I love this book even though it took me a while to finish it. It was the one I read as my kids were bathing. That never works out for reading a book quickly.

Writing: 5/5-- wonderful

Appeal to kids: 5/5-- I will recommend this book to everyone who loved A Snicker of Magic, Poppy Pendle, or Bliss.

Appropriate length to tell the story: 5/5

CONTENT:
Language: none
Sexuality: none
Violence: none
Drugs/Alcohol: none

No comments:

Post a Comment